Updates on COVID-19/Coronavirus 6/27/22
We understand that this is an unprecedented time that directly impacts and affects the health of you and your family. We want to reassure you that your care and safety is our top priority. While this is an evolving situation, we will continue to be open to take care of your medical needs, but reducing everyone’s risk to COVID-19 is our utmost responsibility. To that end, we have implemented the following measures for your protection.
SURGICAL MASKS ARE REQUIRED BY ALL PATIENTS AND VISITORS IN OUR OFFICE
As part of our continued effort to reduce COVID-19 risks, starting 6/27/2022 patients may be accompanied to appointments by ONE person who must be masked (with a surgical mask) if >2 years old. For the first ob visit and any formal ultrasound we ask that the visitor be over 18 years old.
- Covid-19 Testing:
- Pregnant patients: please contact the office if you are exhibiting symptoms of Covid-19 or have a close contact with a Covid-19 positive patient and we will place an order for you to be tested at the Lavin pavilion at Northwestern
- Non-pregnant patients: Please contact your internist, go to urgent care or call the Covid-19 hotline at Northwestern (312-472-6843) to discuss your symptoms and they will determine if you need to be tested and place an order. We defer testing and ongoing management to these providers.
- Patients scheduled for surgery: An order will be placed for you to be tested for Covid-19 at Lavin Pavilion at Northwestern.
- Telemedicine visits: We realize that many people are still worried about being seen in the office. At this time, we provide Family Planning Services, pre-conception counseling, fertility counseling, postpartum and post-operative visits, depression counseling, and peri-menopause/menopausal visits through telemedicine visits. We can conduct these telemedicine visits through either a laptop or a smartphone. This list is not comprehensive, so please call the office at 312-775-1100 to see if your need is appropriate for telemedicine.
- Patient Portal: Use the patient portal to stay connected! If you have any questions, please let us know through the portal, and if a telemedicine appointment seems appropriate, our staff will reach out to you to schedule.
- Screening in-office patients: If you have a scheduled appointment we ask that you call us if you have a fever greater than 100°F, persistent respiratory or diarrhea symptoms, flu-like symptoms, or a continuous cough, or if you or family members have had travel exposure or direct contact with a COVID-19-positive person so that we can reschedule your visit or convert to a tele-medicine appointment.
- Office sanitation: Our office staff continue to use all measures to reduce spread of any infection to our patients, including hand washing, sanitizers, and complete cleaning of all rooms between patients. In addition, our office undergoes a deep cleaning at the end of the day as well as increased periodic cleanings throughout the day.
- Medication Refills: For routine medications, i.e. birth control pills, HRT, etc, we will extend your refills for 3 months as long as you are not having any issues.
- Prentice Hospital-Obstetrics: At this time, only TWO dedicated guests (one of whom may be a doula) are permitted on Labor and Delivery and the postpartum floor. No children will be permitted at the hospital. The hospital is fully prepared and has implemented a plan that will reduce potential spread of the Covid-19 virus as well as care for pregnant women who do test positive for Covid-19. As of 10/2020 all patients admitted to Prentice will be tested for Covid-19.
- Communication: We will continue to provide updates both through our website at www.nswobgyn.com or on our Facebook page. We are staying up to date on all current recommendations, using the guidelines from the CDC, the American College of Obstetrics and Gynecology, and Northwestern Medicine. Up to date and accurate information on Covid-19 can be found on the Northwestern Memorial Hospital page https://www.nm.org/conditions-and-care-areas/infectious-disease/covid-19 .
Thank you for continuing to trust the Northwestern Specialists for your care.
We are committed to serving our patients during this time. We appreciate your understanding and flexibility.